Monday, January 19, 2009

The Other Side of Heaven by John H. Groberg

The Other Side of Heaven (or In the Eye of the Storm) by John H. Groberg about his mission experiences to the people of Tonga. So far, he has expressed eloquently much of what I wish I could have expressed about serving a mission to Finland. This book is also interesting in that at the time I served a mission to the frozen North, naively, I felt that serving a mission somewhere tropical would be much easier. As we learned doing member missionary work in Hawaii (twice) since my mission, Hawaii had its own unique set of challenges and temptations and hardships. Perhaps it comes down to the fact that hard work, faith, and a degree of total reliance on the Lord is mandatory to grow as a missionary. Need a good book recommendation, consider this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment